Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekly Goal

Last night I spent over 2 hours on the phone with a friend; she is going through a hard breakup and just needs to talk things out. But as I was listening to her, I kept noticing how she was unhappy with her daily routines and personal finances; and I decided I didn't want to be like that. I stayed up thinking about what I can do for ME to avoid this same dilemma. And here is what I have come up with; on Sundays I need to set up some goals of things I would like to accomplish during the week. These are just things that I know I need to take care of but sometimes put off. By deciding on Sunday what I want to do during the week, I will be able to plan out how much money I will need or allow myself to spend and can plan out when I can do something fun or relaxing. Also, this will help me get the stuff that needs to be done completed before the weekend so I don't spend my days off cleaning up the house or doing other chores.

Here is what I would like to accomplish this week:
  • - clean up the master bed room, put away the luggage from our Denver trip (which was over a month ago!)
  • - mail out clothes to my cousin; they are not doing me any good sitting in a bag on my floor.
  • - finish up scrapbooking calendar for 2009; it's already the middle of January and I'm not done yet!
  • - upload pictures from my birthday, Christmas and New Years for MySpace; print pictures I want for albums.
  • - finish up my current book, The Appeal by John Grisham. It's pretty good, reminds my of the movie Erin Brockovich.
  • - Add at least 5 books to Paperback Swap; separate what I want to add and what I should just donate.

I think this is a good start for the first week of figuring out what I want/need to do for the week. When I set my new goals for next week, I will say how I did on the things I wanted to complete for this week.

No comments: