Thursday, January 15, 2009

Setting a routine

Earlier this week I had decided that I needed to set weekly goals in order to make my life a little more organized; last night I was going back over my goals and realized that I hadn’t really started on anything. As I sit here and try to figure out what I have been doing with my time I noticed how often I am goofing around and being lazy. This laziness is what has put me in my currently situation of needing organization and structure. After replaying my after-work routine in my head, WOW, I watch a lot of TV; granted I do enjoy my TV time but I DVR all the programs I watch so I can skip all the commercials; this also gives me the flexibility of watching when I want. But I have been sitting down to daily programs as soon as dinner is served (in front of the TV). I think if I can avoid turning on the TV when I walk in the door it will help me achieve my weekly goals; plus help on the electric bill! Here is the routine I am going to try to stick to everyday after work:

- Change out of work clothes and put them AWAY; this does not mean on the bed or dresser or bathroom floor!
- Sort and start laundry; should do one load every day (Sunday thru Thursday): good clothes light, good clothes dark/denim, lounge wear, and my guys work clothes. I wonder how my water/electric bill plus laundry soap usage will go up with this idea, as I currently do 2 loads a week (granted there are 3 loads on the floor waiting)
- Start on dinner and read mail; gives me time to sort/purge/shred
- Serve dinner and clean up, make lunch for my guy
- Work on craft stuff for about 30-45 minutes; including clean up and take pictures or play a game with my guy; Wii, Suduko, or internet surf together
- Time to relax and watch a few programs


I’m hoping by setting this daily routine, my weekly goals will seem easy to complete and I will end up with more time to relax and do fun things!

3 comments:

momstheword said...

Hello! I had to pop over because your dog looks so much like my puppy (you can see her in my profile picture or under "dogs" on my label).

She is a brindle poodle but most people think she's a yorkie.

I have been so lazy lately, so you are not alone, my friend. I blame the weather....lol!

I think your routine looks great. I need to get back to my daily routine as well. In fact, I suppose I'd better get off the computer and go do it...hehehehe!

The Keevy Family said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Welcome to the world of blogging! I took some time yesterday to look through your blog and it was fun to read. I wish you luck on your new years resolutions, way to go!
I'll be checking back often. I left a follow up comment for you on my blog :0)

Alltogetherbeautiful.blogspot.com

momstheword said...

I brought my entire family (my hubby has Friday's off) to see your dog. It looks so much like ours since ours got a haircut.

It is hard to lose track of time when blogging. I have so many different blogs that I like (frugal, organization, homemaking, etc.) and you're right, you can keep finding more. It's a big, big blogging world out there!