Monday, January 26, 2009

First try at menu planning

Ok, I'm going to bit the bullet and try this out; after last weeks $175 worth of dining out for ONE week anything would be better! I'm trying to use this planner I found on http://triciarennea.blogspot.com/search/label/printable. I printed it out and posted it to the fridge; this will avoid my guy asking what we're having and if I forget to take something out, I can ask him to. So here it goes:

Monday:
Steak
Corn on the Cob
Instant Mash Potatoes
Tuesday:
Shake'n Bake Chicken
Stove Top
Veggie
Wednesday:
Baked Pork Chop
Rice
Veggie
Thursday:
Clam Chowder
Steak Salad w/ Mandarin Oranges
Bread from bread machine
Friday: (pick up L after school)
Spaghetti with tomato sauce (just cheese and butter for me)
French Bread
Saturday:
Lunch: sandwich, chips, fruit snack (cheer camp for the day)
Dinner: Chicken something, veggie, rice
Sunday:
Super Bowl Party:
Turkey Chili in crock pot
Little Smokes in BBQ Sauce
Meat/Cheese tray (Pre-made)
Specialty cheeses w/crackers
Salsa from Harry and Davids w/chips
Bacon Wrapped Prawns (thanks Lyn, there are our favorite)
Veggies with dip
Sweet Corn bread
Ok, wish me luck! I will let you know if I was able to stick to this menu and how it worked out. The great thing is, I can now make my shopping list for what I need instead of wondering around the store wondering what will taste good!
Shopping list: either Winco or Wal-Mart
Shake'n Bake
Pork Chops
French Bread
Lunch meat
sliced cheese
Turkey meat
Chili
Specialty cheese (Metropolitan Market)
Superbowl will be a potluck:
Olivia: Chili, corn bread, meat cheese tray (already have), specialty cheeses (split cost with K&D)
K&D: Little Smokes
Lyn: Bacon Wrapped Prawns
E: Harry and David dip with chips
T&S: Veggie tray or something similar

1 comment:

valley view farm said...

Yeah! I cant wait to hear how it goes!! I love my menu planning. And, Ryan can help when needed as well, because its all written down!