Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Excuses

I'm sure this has happened to lots of people but I am personally sick of hearing the excuse of "well, I have a kid and you don't so that's why you can do ......" Really, actually I can do these things because I CHOOSE to take the time to plan/save and do things. I go on vacation all the time and I see TONS of families on vacation as well, so I know it can be done! I really want to confront the friend who is constantly making excuses and telling me why I am able to do things, but I also don't want to ruin our friendship by telling her to stop using her kid as a crutch.

We all make decisions as to how we want to live our lives; some of us save up for vacations and take full advantage of work vacation time and others choose to complain how broke they are and how they don't have enough time to do anything.

I really wish everyone would take personal responsibility for their actions and realize YOU are the only person holding you back; not kids, not work, not money.

Sorry, had to vent a little today; but this is something I wish I did when I was younger and didn't have all the financial responsibilities that I have today. I would have taken advantage of my youth and traveled to more places than just Vegas.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Well, if she reads the blog, she knows how you feel. ;) Actually, though, kids are just one of the many crutches or excuses we might use to not accomplish the things we say are important to us.