Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The start of Lent *Updated with pics*

Today is Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent. I'm not big on religion; granted you couldn't tell by my tattoos.


(upper left thigh) (back of right calf, wraps around entire leg)

Anyways, I do always enjoy participating in giving up something I like/enjoy for Lent. This year I have decided to give up convenience foods; no more fast food, junk food (unless I make it from scratch), soda, instant anything. I'm sure right now this doesn't seem like much but give me a week and I will be crying for my instant mashed potatoes and hot chocolate. But I'm going to be realistic about this too; if I have (recently) made something from scratch, I will continue to do so; I will be able to enjoy cookies, granola bars, breads, salsas and I'm sure there are a few other things too. But I think right now I'm taking advantage of the conveniences I do have so this will be a good reminder for me. I'm hoping to also try not to buy any new clothing or accessories (shoes included) until Easter. Trust me, I have more than enough to get me by the next 40 days and probably beyond.

You will have to check back with me in a few weeks to see how I'm really doing! Better yet, how my guy is doing. He was definitely not looking forward to this time of year as my mom or I are the cooks for the house. My mom has decided to give up meat. (Sorry Erin, I don't think she will stay converted) I'm also hoping this will help with me losing a few pounds in a healthy way!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

wow, that's commitment!

(i'm just doing sodas)