Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2009 Goals update

Now that one month has past, I thought I should look to see how I am doing with my goals for the year; or more importantly did anything change. I admit, I'm pretty proud of my self; I have kept my goals in the back of my mind and let them guide me through my days.

Appreciation: I have put away my clothes (still a work in progress but getting better) I'm working on arranging my shoes in a more user friendly manner; this will hopefully get me to wear all 100 pairs!

Avoiding drama: I have decided along with my guy to just stay clear of the drama; we have been left out of a few parties but in the end, we are happier together!

Excuses: This is still hard, but I'm taking responsibility for my actions and not letting it affect others.

Shopping: This is where I have made a HUGE improvement; I have only bought 2 things for my self in the past month! A $3 white sweatshirt that is becoming a staple in my home life and a pair of shorts for the summer.. normal price is $88, but they came into my retail store for $15 minus my 20% employee discount! I just couldn't pass them up. I have also picked up a few things for Valentines but for once, I put them away to give as gifts. I'm so bad about buying something before hand and not waiting.

Recycling: Still trying to figure out how to be more involved; still need to sell some un-wanted, un-used items.

Cooking: I have been cooking and tried a few new recipes; I can't wait to learn how to make bread.

Decluttering: Another one I need to work on. Mmmm, this is harder than I thought. I swear I need everything in my house! My dining room looks better; I still need to put up my wine bottle holders. But the glassware shelving was redone and is now more user friendly. Still need to do something with the blinds....

Vacations: We did go to Great Wolf with L and a friend last month; we had a great time and was able to spend some time here and there alone so it was a nice get away for us too. For February we have Leavenworth scheduled with another couple!

I think so far I'm doing pretty good and still on target to have these goals continue through-out the entire year!

No comments: